Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jefferson County Animal Control Spotted in Community

4 posters

Go down

Jefferson County Animal Control Spotted in Community Empty Jefferson County Animal Control Spotted in Community

Post by Metina Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:20 am

Animal Control was spotted leaving the community from the back entrance nearest to Rt. 51. I have called to find out if this was a normal patrol or if they were called out. Once/If I hear back, I will post. As I have never seen them here before, I wanted to point it out.

Just a reminder to keep all your pets leashed, in a fence or in the house and to make sure they are properly tagged and licensed with the county. I would hate for anyone to loose their beloved pet.

If you would like to further inquire, their number is 304-728-3289.
Metina
Metina
Admin

http://www.swirlycurls.com

Back to top Go down

Jefferson County Animal Control Spotted in Community Empty Re: Jefferson County Animal Control Spotted in Community

Post by Metina Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:38 pm

Update: Apparently there is a "Siberian Husky" type dog running loose in the neighborhood. Animal control has been called out. If you own the dog or know who does, please alert them and beg them to be a responsible pet owner and confine their dog. I got the feeling that if they catch the dog, it will not be returned to the owner.
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jefferson County Animal Control Spotted in Community Empty Re: Jefferson County Animal Control Spotted in Community

Post by sablab Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:56 pm

I have not been on this site in a few weeks, but I do know about the Siberian Husky, TAZ. She has come by our house numerous times when she is out and about. We have two labs in a fenced in yard that she likes to come visit. Several of us on Sawgrass Dr. have seen her often and many of us called the owner (he is the horse farm owner behind Sawgrass Dr.). He knows about her escaping, but says she always returns. Someone told me that one time when they called him, he came by someone's house to retrieve his dog and the dog growled at him and would not go to him. Leads me to believe there is good reason why she does not like him, as she seems to be friendly to everyone else, even strangers.
As of this weekend (Sunday), I seen a sign posted that TAZ is missing or stolen. I hope that she is ok if she was out during the snow storm this weekend. Perhaps someone rescued her and didn't want to return her to owner, since she doesn't seem to want to stay at her home.
We have not seen TAZ since several days before the storm, so if anyone has spotted her recently or knows of her whereabouts and well-being, please let me know. I think most of my neighbors have grown rather fond of her and welcomed her visits. I just hope she is safe, either at home or somewhere else. She is only a puppy...maybe 9 or 10 months old.

sablab

Back to top Go down

Post by sablab Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:37 pm

As of Christmas Day, we have been seeing TAZ around Sawgrass Drive again. Looks like he made it back to his home and is back on his usual 'roaming' of the neighborhood.

sablab

Back to top Go down

Post by Karidee Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Animal Control was here the week after Veterans Day to retrieve a large black lab from my Turnberry Dr property.
I did find out that my neighbor down the road got him back. I called because I saw the dog on Veterans Day also, so I was concerned.
Karidee
Karidee

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Hopefully this puppy is all safe and sound and somewhere nice and warm. Such a shame.
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBW Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:31 pm

Recently, on one of my daily walks, I encountered a small dog wandering around the intersection of Brookline and Turnberry. It might be the same dog that is sometimes tied out by the front door of a house right on the corner. It's the only house that is above street level, on a small rise. The dog was confrontational, as if protecting territory, and tried to close on me as I walked away. By constantly turning around, I avoided possibly being bitten.

Then on yesterday's walk, I saw Animal Control tooling up St. Andrews and turning left into Brookline. I wonder if it was for the same dog.

CBW

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:01 pm

I have seen that dog tied up. He looks like a mini wolfe. He really is cute, but hate that he might be mean. Hope he never bites anyone.
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down