Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community Charitable Fundraiser???

3 posters

Go down

Community Charitable Fundraiser??? Empty Community Charitable Fundraiser???

Post by angigarcia498 Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:39 pm

I was wondering if it is possible for our community to come together and get involved with the Toys for Tots or Operation Christmas Teen?? As everyone knows, the economy is in bad shape and the needs these organizations have to make it a happy holiday season for children and teens who otherwise will have nothing has tripled since last year.

Would anyone else be willing to participate by purchasing a new toy(s) that we can then as the Locust Hill Community donate??

What are your thoughts??

angigarcia498

Back to top Go down

Community Charitable Fundraiser??? Empty Re: Community Charitable Fundraiser???

Post by Tim Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:07 am

I think this is a fab. idea. Count me in and let me know what you need help with to get this idea off the ground.
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by angigarcia498 Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:19 am

Tim, you are the one who put the notices about the budget on the mailboxes correct?? What if we do something like that and maybe have a drop off box at someone's house . . . . hadn't worked through it all the way but I am open for ideas.

angigarcia498

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:27 am

I am up for this as well.

I thought at one time there was a newsletter that went out to homeowners, but I haven't seen this in a while. We could post something there, make some signs and do flyers also.

I think we just need to be careful about the mailboxes. I think where Tim put the flyers is fine as I have seen others do it, but we don't want to get in trouble with the post offices are anger a resident.

We also have to be careful about angering someone on religious grounds. I think these programs are "Christmas" based and those that do not recognize it, may be annoyed.

I think it may also be possible to put a donation button on the forum linked to paypal and we could either buy the toys with that money or issue the program a check. We may be able to contact the program directly and they could provide the HTML code that would give the donation directly to them. Though I do like the interation of the community better.

What are other's thoughts?

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

http://www.swirlycurls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by angigarcia498 Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:57 pm

Do you think this is something that could possibly be brought up at the meeting on Monday?? I know there are other more important things but perhaps we could use it as a time to bring the community back together since - and this is just my opinion, the budget issue seems to be a very divisive one. What do people think??

angigarcia498

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:34 pm

I think it is absolutely something to be mentioned at the meeting. There is supposed to be a regular meeting after the budget meeting if time allows. If we could get the board buy in and others at the meeting it would gain more strength.
Metina
Metina
Admin

http://www.swirlycurls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:06 pm

Angie,

If you want to bring up anything at the board meeting on Monday make sure you sign in and put what you want to talk about on the sign in sheet. If you do not then you will not be allowed to speak.

Tim
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down