Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tax Liens Against Locust Hill Unitowners Association Inc

4 posters

Go down

Tax Liens Against Locust Hill Unitowners Association Inc Empty Tax Liens Against Locust Hill Unitowners Association Inc

Post by Cecelia Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:32 pm

I overheard that the Locust Hill Unitowners Association Inc has had tax liens against it. To verify, I went onto the County website -- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I clicked on Document Inquiry (on the right side of the screen) and typed in the name as listed above. Right away, I found 2 listed at the very top -- Judgment Book 57, page 367 and Judgment Book 59, page 220.

These two liens were for periods 2006 & 2007 and were only released/paid this past October, 2009. Together, they cost the homeowners a penalty and interest totaling $515.02.

Why are we delinquent and why are we paying extra money? If this the fault of any one person, why is the Community having to cover the cost?
============
I apologize. The correct web address of the Jefferson County Clerk’s Office is .com and not .org

By the way, all of this is public information and can also be seen at the County Clerk’s Office in the Court House.

Cecelia

Back to top Go down

Tax Liens Against Locust Hill Unitowners Association Inc Empty Re: Tax Liens Against Locust Hill Unitowners Association Inc

Post by Tim Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:53 pm

Cecelia,

I went to the website that you are pointing out and I can't find anything. Neither site works. Can you please point it out again. I tried [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks,

Tim
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Tax Liens Against Locust Hill Unitowners Association Inc Empty Re: Tax Liens Against Locust Hill Unitowners Association Inc

Post by Metina Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:07 pm

Wow! The community owns 7 1/2 acres of unused land at the front intrance. Wouldn't this be a great place to put the pool that a majority of the community voted for, or a playground? I think so.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

http://www.swirlycurls.com

Back to top Go down

Tax Liens Against Locust Hill Unitowners Association Inc Empty Tax Liens Against Locust Hill Unitowners Association Inc

Post by Cecelia Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:03 am

Tim,
I had a frustrating time getting into the site just now too. I finally got in through the .org address, but had to "back arrow" for it to even come up. From there, I clicked on "Elected Officials", then on "County Clerk". From there, I clicked on Jefferson County Clerk's Website. When you finally get there, you'll notice that County Clerk's site comes up .com. Confusing, huh? When/if you do get in, you'll see the Jefferson County Document Inquiry box (blue) on the right.

I noticed an Election Webcam page came up as I was trying to get in... probably from the zoning election last week. Maybe that's causing a problem in their sites. Sorry it's been trouble for you. Hopefully, it will be working correctly soon.

Cecelia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Secretary Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:44 pm

Recently I found in the Spirit of Jefferson County newspaper a listing for property owners with back taxes owed that were about to be auctioned off (this past Monday auction took place). The listing was for JDM Locust Hill LLC which was the developer of Locust Hill. I went to the tax office to make sure that they had all of our property listed properly and they reassured me that the lot in question was now listed as Locust Hill Unit Owners Association. The land (7.56 acres at the entrance to Oakmont) was deeded over to LHUOA sometime in 2007, but the taxes were apparently listed as JDM Locust Hill LLC because it was still their responsibility at the time to pay for the taxes. The back tax was for the year 2007. But it was paid at the beginning of November-apparently by JDM. Hopefully that clears things up for you.

Mrs. Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecelia Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:57 pm

I'm not sure this is the same thing. These judgments were for 2006 & 2007. Plus, they were for more than $1,000.00 each year. Also, I don't think it could be deeded to the Unitowners Association without the taxes being paid at THAT time.

Cecelia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down