Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!

2 posters

Go down

Thank you! Thank You! Thank You! Empty Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!

Post by angigarcia498 Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:53 am

To all of the homeowners who participated in the 1st annual Locust Hill Toys for Tots Drive yesterday. Overall with this being the first year I think we did AMAZINGLY well with 30 homes participating AND even better, we collected over 350 toys!!cheers cheers

I will be dropping the toys off on the afternoon of Tuesday, December 15th so if your home was missed accidentally OR if you still would like to contribute, feel free to contact me through the Forum.

So, the goal for next year will be to beat this number not only of the participating homes but also the number of toys. I'm thinking we may incorporate some "friendly" competition within the Locust Hill community by awarding a "trophy" to the street that has the best participation or perhaps even better we could compete with Tuscawilla. More on that in the future . . .

I would also like to thank Metina Bongiovanni for helping to get this off the ground, Tim Bongiovanni and his adorable daughters for volunteering to pick up the toys and to our community manager, Valerie Hockensmith, who also volunteered to pick up toys as well. Without everyones help, this would have not been as successful as it was so many thanks.

Well thats it from Greenbriar Circle, I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!! santa rendeer

angigarcia498

Back to top Go down

Thank you! Thank You! Thank You! Empty Re: Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!

Post by angigarcia498 Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:36 pm

So the toys were dropped off today at the Toys for Tots collection site in Martinsburg which serves the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia and to see the looks of appreciation from the folks there was the BEST feeling and what I was striving for with this endeavor. Because of our donations over 100 children will have a Merry Christmas . . . . doesn't that make you feel good as well??!!

Keep the spirit of the holiday season and may you and your family enjoy Peace, Happiness and Love!! I love you

angigarcia498

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Secretary Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:50 pm

This is wonderful news Angie! Thank you for putting it together and thanks to Tim, Metina, and Valerie for helping to make it run smoothly. And Thanks, thanks and more thanks to all of those homeowners that helped by donating to this wonderful cause. You have all made a bunch of children a little more happy this Christmas season!!! santa

Mrs. Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum