Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Budget Results

3 posters

Go down

Budget Results Empty Budget Results

Post by Metina Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:39 pm

Well the budget passed, but not without incident. I was really pleased with the turnout to the meeting.

The vote was 48 against, 38 for. Yes, you may be scratching your head as well, but what I didn't know was that it only took 20% of the votes to say yes and the budget passed.

I think a lot of things came to light at the meeting. But at the end of the day, what I really wanted to raise community awareness and involvement and that was completely accomplished.

I am sure there will be lots of skuttle butt by the morning!

Thanks to all those who came.
Metina
Metina
Admin

http://www.swirlycurls.com

Back to top Go down

Budget Results Empty Re: Budget Results

Post by rad6216 Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:54 pm

I was pleased, but not surprised by the turnout of the meeting.
Here's what will surprise me: the continued presence of the more animated of attendees.
It's easy to come out on a nice fall night, with a controversial issue, and some excitement.
But, the real work it takes to change or improve things is BORING! No one LIKES to attend those
tedious meetings. That's where the real work gets done. So, I challenge those folks who were so fired up this evening, to keep that fire burning when your help is needed with, well, with anything.

So many people talk, so few people do.

rad6216

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:22 am

I attend every meeting that is announced. Of course there are those meeting that are done in private (and most of the time some members of the board don't even know there are meetings) that I don't attend. I just can't stand the fact that homeowners don't know what is going on. We elected them and put our faith in the board members and they can't share information.

I was extremely upset tonight when the member at large advised me in the open fourm of my culvert issue. I have emails from him dating back to Aug that states "as soon as we get a response from the lawyer and discuss it within the board we will get you an answer". I had to find out in the open forum. How bad is that? Correct me if I am wrong, however is that not a legal issue? Are they supposed to be discussing legal issues between homeowners and the board with the rest of the community?

To take a quote from SPEAKINGWIND......changes will be coming in May at the general elections.

Tim Bongiovanni
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:00 am

I want to point out something so that the community isn't totally blindsided. The board revealed, after the budget was ratified, that the HOA is responsible for the repair of unit owner's culverts and the maintenance of the community's fire hydrants. They are still researching the fire hydrant issue, but will be making any repairs and then going after the city if it is determined later that it was not the HOA responsibility.

There was a mention of a "special assessment" that homeowners might get. And that means additional money we will have to pay. And that dues will be raised next year.

If only we could have taken the opportunity this year to strike some unnecessary expenditures from this year's budget, next year's, may not have been so painful.

Just my 2 cents.
Metina
Metina
Admin

http://www.swirlycurls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down