Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mailing and By-Law Changes

2 posters

Go down

Mailing and By-Law Changes Empty Mailing and By-Law Changes

Post by Tim Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Well with the lastest mailing that I received today looks like the Board is at it again. They want to change the way they are able to raise the dues. So be ready for a raise in rates next year. But the biggest thing is they want to raise the number of positions on the board from 5 to 7. Makes you wonder why. They can't even fill the 5th position, it has been vacant since last summer. One reason is that Mike Boyle and Carolyn Ballinger are up for election in May and there is a good chance they would not be re-elected with only 5 total positions on the board. By raising it to 7 positions they almost guarantee they will be re-elected. In May there will be 3 positions up for election and by adding 2 more there will be a total of 5. All it would take is for 5 people to run for a spot and they will be elected. There has not been more then 3 people nominated in the last 4 years. So if you are happy with the way the community is right now then vote for yes, however, if you want change vote no and vote Mike and Carolyn out in May.

Tim Bongiovanni
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Mailing and By-Law Changes Empty Re: Mailing and By-Law Changes

Post by Tim Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Here is a follow on to my earlier post. If you read the suggested by-law change you will notice that they say at least 1/7 of the board will be up for election every year, that means that there is a chance that there will be 6 year term limits because if you do the math they only have to have one person up for election each year and with 7 members that means you can serve for 6 years before you go up for re-election.

Tim Bongiovani
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Mailing and By-Law Changes Empty Response to the March 10, 2011 Notice and Comment

Post by ingridgc Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:28 am

Yes, they are at it again. If anyone would like to see my 4 page response to the Board let me know and I will be happy to email it to them. In a nutshell the proposals are grossly inconsistent with our governing documents . . . and their references are very misleading.

As a matter of record, the Official Locust Hill Declaration and associated Exhibits are recorded at the Jefferson County Court House and can also be found at online at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] under the last names of Locust Hill or JDM Locust Hill.

WV Code Chapter 36 can be found at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A quick point - - - Under WV Code §36B-1-203(2) the current annual assessment limitation is currently $300.00 (exclusive of user fees or insurance premiums) but could be raised to $1000 if a current HB passes. . . . See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] SUB1.htm&yr=2011&sesstype=RS&i=569. - - - The WV Code that specifies how increases are made - - - §36B-1-114

ingridgc

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Can you please email me your response. My email address is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. They, Carolyn and Mike know they are in trouble when trying to stay on the board. Of course if you request that the lawyer look at what they are trying to do they will ignore it becuase they rule this community like a dictatorship. I would love to discuss the future of Locust Hill with you if you are interested.

Tim Bongiovanni
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum