Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kubic Construction Doesn't Pay Dues-$61,000+ Lost

4 posters

Go down

Kubic Construction Doesn't Pay Dues-$61,000+ Lost Empty Kubic Construction Doesn't Pay Dues-$61,000+ Lost

Post by Metina Wed May 12, 2010 4:50 pm

I was shocked to learn that Kubic Construction doesn't pay dues on 32 empty lots they own in the community. This decision was handed down in Oct. of 2005(Mike Boyle and Carolyn Ballinger were on the board then) according to the property manager. Thus if this decision wasn't made, Kubic would have paid in over $61,000 in dues.

I also inquired if there were any other vacant lots in the community that didn't pay dues. I was told there are 4 others in the community and they are all assessed dues.

Can anyone possiblity think of a reason for allowing them not to pay dues, BUT still allowing them to VOTE?

As shown by David Snavely, when he conviced Kubic to give him all of his votes for the past election.

Folks, I know there was a lot of mud slinging in this past election, but I was shocked to learn of this. So many families in this community are struggling, loosing their homes, or are now being pursued by our HOA for back dues, but yet Kubic is allowed to benefit from our police presence, snow removal, street lighting, landscaping and more, given the ability to vote, yet pays NO DUES on the 32 empty lots in the community.

I hope you will pursue our current board about overturning this decision.

Contact the board at the following:
President Carolyn B Ballinger, Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Vice President Dave Snavely, Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Member at Large Mike Boyle, Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Secretary Sarah Nemetz-Itobi, Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Treasurer Lisa Hackett, Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

http://www.swirlycurls.com

Back to top Go down

Kubic Construction Doesn't Pay Dues-$61,000+ Lost Empty KUBIC MUST PAY

Post by jmendes Thu May 20, 2010 6:19 pm

Metina wrote:I was shocked to learn that Kubic Construction doesn't pay dues on 32 empty lots they own in the community. This decision was handed down in Oct. of 2005(Mike Boyle and Carolyn Ballinger were on the board then) according to the property manager. Thus if this decision wasn't made, Kubic would have paid in over $61,000 in dues.

I also inquired if there were any other vacant lots in the community that didn't pay dues. I was told there are 4 others in the community and they are all assessed dues.

Can anyone possiblity think of a reason for allowing them not to pay dues, BUT still allowing them to VOTE?

As shown by David Snavely, when he conviced Kubic to give him all of his votes for the past election.

Folks, I know there was a lot of mud slinging in this past election, but I was shocked to learn of this. So many families in this community are struggling, loosing their homes, or are now being pursued by our HOA for back dues, but yet Kubic is allowed to benefit from our police presence, snow removal, street lighting, landscaping and more, given the ability to vote, yet pays NO DUES on the 32 empty lots in the community.

I hope you will pursue our current board about overturning this decision.

Contact the board at the following:
President Carolyn B Ballinger, Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Vice President Dave Snavely, Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Member at Large Mike Boyle, Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Secretary Sarah Nemetz-Itobi, Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Treasurer Lisa Hackett, Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-Metina

If Kubic hasn't paid any dues. Then WHY is he voting at our MEETINGS.

Come on folks, "Common Sense Isn't so Common".

This is dumber than dirt...

jmendes

Back to top Go down

Kubic Construction Doesn't Pay Dues-$61,000+ Lost Empty Re: Kubic Construction Doesn't Pay Dues-$61,000+ Lost

Post by ghoffmaster Sun May 30, 2010 12:23 pm

There are no special rules for Kubic. All builders in the community have played by the same rules. Builders are on the hook to provide other community improvements (curbs, pavement, lighting, and probably many other things) that the typical home owners are not responsible for. Also, it is true that Kubic owns about 32 unimproved lots and he is not required to pay HOA dues on (because of the other improvements previously mentioned). However, he also owns a number of improved lots with residences in place. On those improved lots he is paying HOA dues.

I think when people start a threaded discussion on a topic, they have an obligation to tell the full story - not just the part that makes for good gossip.

ghoffmaster

Back to top Go down

Kubic Construction Doesn't Pay Dues-$61,000+ Lost Empty Re: Kubic Construction Doesn't Pay Dues-$61,000+ Lost

Post by Metina Sun May 30, 2010 10:31 pm

I really wasn't trying to gossip. I just thought it was just shocking that the are allowed to vote and don't pay dues. The ability to vote was granted by the HOA. The ability to vote isn't a requirement or a right, but somthing that was allowed. Given that Dave Snavely was just voted off the HOA board for physically threatening another board member and that he is the ONLY person who have ever(to my knowledge) gone after those votes, just makes it a bit shady.

I have no problem with him not paying the dues on unimproved lots, but he shouldn't be allowed to vote. This thread was in no way to give Kubic a black eye, but to point out how HOA decisions and actions of the members are questionable and that we should never stop asking questions.

Thank you for pointing out the other side of the story.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyD Mon May 31, 2010 9:00 am

Could you elaborate on the Snavely incident, as I am unaware of anything regarding this. Sounds interesting. Shocked

KellyD

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:44 pm

I am not quite sure why the remaining board members haven't announced this, but it may be in the works.

Around a week a ago, both Dave Snavely and Sarah Itobi were voted off the board by the other board members.

At the last HOA meeting with the election, when Sarah tried to congratulate Dave, the conversation got heated over what Dave was convinced that Sarah had put on FaceBook about his inappropriate voting "collection." Sarah basically retorted with "show me the proof as I didn't post a thing" to which Dave says "It is taking everything I have not to come across this table and cold cock you into the wall" This was taped as part of the regular meeting. All the meetings are regularly taped for meeting minutes accuracy and completeness.

Sarah filed a complaint against him for his physical threat and Dave counter claimed with a comment that Sarah made weeks before(with no complaint until she made hers).

At the end of the day, there are now two open board seats to which I sincerely hope there is a call for candidates. Hopefully this election will be done fairly.

If anyone is interested in serving on the board, please contact the community manager and the remaing board members.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down