Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be a part of a something good in the Locust Hill Community - the Toys for Tots toy drive

4 posters

Go down

Be a part of a something good in the Locust Hill Community - the Toys for Tots toy drive Empty Be a part of a something good in the Locust Hill Community - the Toys for Tots toy drive

Post by angigarcia498 Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:32 am

How would you and your family like to be a part of something GREAT this holiday season???

The Locust Hill Community is sponsoring a toy drive for Toys for Tots so between now and Friday, December 11th while you are out shopping, why not pick up a new toy(s) for a child.

On Saturday, December 12th leave the toy(s) on your front porch by 9:00 am and representatives from the Locust Hill community will come by and pick them up. All toys collected will then be dropped off with the Toys for Tots organization on Tuesday, December 15th.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Angela Leighty either through this forum or via email at angigarcia498@yahoo.com.

May you and your family enjoy happy holidays! santa

angigarcia498

Back to top Go down

Be a part of a something good in the Locust Hill Community - the Toys for Tots toy drive Empty Re: Be a part of a something good in the Locust Hill Community - the Toys for Tots toy drive

Post by rad6216 Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:54 pm

Ang,
Any specifications for toys, and would they prefer them wrapped or unwrapped?

rad6216

Back to top Go down

Be a part of a something good in the Locust Hill Community - the Toys for Tots toy drive Empty Re: Be a part of a something good in the Locust Hill Community - the Toys for Tots toy drive

Post by angigarcia498 Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:21 am

Toys for Tots requests that the toys be unwrapped so that they can quickly and easily identify the type of toy and the age appropriate child it should be given to.

Thanks for asking rad6216. I assume this means we can count on you to participate?? Laughing Please pass the word to your neighbors!!

If we had enough time, I would make this a challenge with Tuscawilla . . . maybe next year!

angigarcia498

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:22 pm

Angie,

Please sign me up for volunteering to pick up the toys. I think this is a great idea. We will contribute 4 toys, 2 boys and 2 girls.

Thanks,

Tim Bongiovanni
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:24 pm

I am so glad that this is happening in the community. We purchased the 4 gifts this week and look forward to picking up the gifts this weekend. Hopefully we will need 2 or more cars for all the gifts. santa cheers

Tim
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Next weekend right? The 12th.
Metina
Metina
Admin

http://www.swirlycurls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:35 am

Hiya,

Tim and I put up signs at each end of the community for the "Toys for Tots" program. Hopefully this program will be a great sucess.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by angigarcia498 Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:51 pm

I too am geared up for this . . . my guest bedroom looks like a mini Santa's workshop. rendeer
Yes, the pick-up is still scheduled for the 12th and I hope we have a great participation rate!!
I am going to ask Valerie to send another blast email as a reminder and also to put the word out that we could use some additional volunteers for toy pick-up.
Are you hearing anything among your friends and neighbors in the community if they are going to participate?? Just trying to get a feel.
Anyway, thanks for all of your help with posting this, the signs and volunteering to help pick up.

Angela

angigarcia498

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:28 pm

Another thing we could do is make some small flyers, maybe 6 to a sheet of paper and hit the bus stops this week. This is something I did when I was trying to gain momentum with the forum.

I am happy to make and print the flyers if you can pass them out. The bus stops are around 8 am and 4 pm. You could also try and get some more volunteering for pick ups.

Let's not be discouraged though if the participation is low. Many people do give a lot this time of the year. Let's feel happy with what we get and we'll just continue the program each year. As things gain momementum, it will only get bigger.

Let me know.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down