Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volunteer Opportunity

Go down

Volunteer Opportunity Empty Volunteer Opportunity

Post by Metina Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:21 pm

Hiya,

I just wanted to share this with you. I have just started volunteering with Good Shephard Caregivers.

The mission of Good Shepherd Caregivers is to provide informal volunteer caregiving to home-based older or disabled Jefferson County residents. Our goal is to promote independence, dignity, security and quality of life among elderly, disabled, frail and homebound residents of our county, regardless of income or family circumstances.

I had my first assignment on Friday. I assisted a woman who is the primary caregiver for her husband with Alzheimer's. She has injured her arm and cannot do a lot of the things needed to run her home and care for him. I spent two and a half hours helping her organize her bedroom. She had so much clutter that she couldn't clean up or arrange because of her injury. Thus before I came, she and her husband couldn't even sleep in their bed.

I am going back on Monday to finish the job. It was so fullfilling and she was so grateful.

If you are looking for a volunteer job that will provide much needed help, you can contact Kelly Duncan, the volunteer coordinator at (304) 876-3325.
Metina
Metina
Admin

http://www.swirlycurls.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum