Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Terms of Service

2 posters

Go down

Forum Terms of Service Empty Forum Terms of Service

Post by CBW Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:41 pm

When registering, one must agree to "Forum Terms of service". I see that "any message contravening French laws" is strictly prohibited. I don't know French laws very well, but I will assume that they are something like USA laws?

If I want to go back and review the terms of service, how do I do that? Do I need to pretend that I'm someone new who is starting to register?

CBW

Back to top Go down

Forum Terms of Service Empty Re: Forum Terms of Service

Post by Metina Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:08 pm

CBW,

I can see how this is confusing. The history of phpBB (the open forum software that allows this forum to be free) is that back in 2007 several people that owned open source software came together in London and formed the open forum under the popular Internet Forum package written in PHP scripting language (this is the weblink that can provide a more detailed discription http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhpBB#History). So some of the developers were from France and this is only if you are hosting a forum in France or if someone in France is posting on a forum that resides in another country. Bottom line is that it protects French people because they have slightly different laws.
Please let me know if you have any more questions and thanks for pointing this out.

And yes, if you "pretend" to go back in and register you should be able to get to the terms of service.

Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

http://www.swirlycurls.com

Back to top Go down