Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October Board Meeting

2 posters

Go down

October Board Meeting Empty October Board Meeting

Post by Tim Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:39 pm

IHope people can make the October board meeting because there are some very important issues that need to be discussed. The budget is out and there are some serious questions,

1. Why the elimination of the Yard Waste Program from the budget.
This was one of the best things that the HOA has done for the community.

2. What is 2000 dollars for the new Recreation Committee going to bring?
If this is to help research the community pool, I think that there needs to be more information gathered from the community before money is spent. There is a rumor in the community that any pool that is going to be at the golf course and funded by the HOA will come with a hefty price tag. It will involve a restaurant, hotel, and expanded club house for the golf course. Our dues will be doubled, if not more.

3. There is a 21,000 dollar line item added for the possibility of having to repair culverts within the community under residents’ driveways.
There is a new lawyer for the community that is looking into this issue. The current board did not like the legal decision from the last lawyer back in early spring that the HOA was responsible for correcting any issues with the culverts so they wanted a new opinion from a new lawyer. Now if the new lawyer’s decision is different from the last one and the homeowners are responsible to correct any culvert issues in their driveways and we have already budgeted 21,000 dollars then will our dues go down because we will not need that line item anymore.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and I hope that people will show up to the meeting because these are important issues and as homeowners we need to make sure that our community is run the way we want it run.

Tim Bongiovanni
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

October Board Meeting Empty Approval of Budget by the Board in Nov; up for vote by UO Dec 13th

Post by ingridgc Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:20 pm

Hello fellow UO's I am new to this forum and this is my first post - - -

The Board has updated the schedule and On December 13th Unit Owners Vote to Ratify the budget - - - to reject the budget 80% of UO present need to vote NO - - -

My position and comments have been forwarded to the board. They are

"Are you in FAVOR of the proposed budget?: No
Questions/Comments: Reason: General assessment income exceeds expenses.

Also, there are 567 units that make up the LHUOA; why are 535 units referenced in the
budget note and used for calculation of the assessment income?"

- - - - - -
In regards to the pool - - - why not just let the golf course build and run the pool IF they are planning to build a restaurant and hotel, a pool will follow - - - I do not believe LHUOA should get into the business of running a pool. This is a huge liability and while we have a large number of units our "real" expenses are fairly minimal.

ingridgc

Back to top Go down

October Board Meeting Empty Re: October Board Meeting

Post by Tim Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:51 am

Thanks for the posting and the update. The board meeting is tonight and hopefully they have gone back to the CPA and received guidance on how to properally draft a budget. I am out of town so if anyone is going to the meeting it would be great if you post what was discussed so others can weigh in with their opinions and keep people informed.

Tim Bongiovanni
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

October Board Meeting Empty Re: October Board Meeting

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down