Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speeding!!

Go down

Speeding!! Empty Speeding!!

Post by CBW Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Baltusrol Drive has a section that is heavily developed and a section that is mostly undeveloped except for a few villas to the extreme south. The developed section, the most heavily populated area of Locust Hill, splits into two roads that go around a “common” island. The western road is straight and is used by some drivers as a speedway as they travel north-to-south or south-to-north without going over speed bumps as they would if they used Tuscawilla or Packett. Southbound, there is a SLOW – CHILDREN PLAYING sign, then a 25 mph speed-limit sign. Upon entering the undeveloped portion, the speed limit drops to 15! Go figure. Northbound makes even less sense with only a CHILDREN PLAYING sign and no speed limit sign! The developed area, where cars often go 35-40 mph, is where small children often play. This evening, at dusk, I saw two teens riding their bikes south and being passed by two speeding cars that did not even slow down for the 15 mph sign or the children. I’ve been driving for over 50 years, and I know car speeds pretty well. These drivers were really flying. This speed tunnel is a tragedy waiting to happen.

CBW

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum