Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOA Board Elections

5 posters

Go down

HOA Board Elections Empty HOA Board Elections

Post by angigarcia498 Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

As you know, the HOA Board elections are May 10th and I am running for the office of Vice President which is currently held by Dave Snavely.

Apparently Mr. Snavely has been making the rounds of the neighborhood having people sign proxies for the upcoming election which I find very interesting because the nominations for candidates AND the OFFICIAL proxies have not even been sent out.

So I put this to you, the homeowners of Locus Hill, do you want to re-elect someone who has been ineffectual for the last couple of years and who it appears is so afraid of losing his seat on the Board that he is using UNOFFICIAL proxies to win.

I am putting this out to all homeowners, our Board needs to move in a different direction which cannot happen if we continue to elect the same people. As you will see once the nomination mailing is delivered, my goals are simple for the HOA:

1) Make the homeowner’s association business more transparent to the community. You have a right to know how your dollars are being spent and how it was discussed, voted on, etc. and you have a right to understand the budget/process in the simplest of terms but also in a way that provides sufficient detail for you to be satisfied.

2) Community togetherness and participation - I feel there should be more activities and events that involve the community so that we can get to know our fellow homeowners from the ENTIRE community.

3) Respect - I was witness to one of the most unbelievable displays of lack of common courtesy when at the budget meeting in October, one Board member told another in front of a room full of homeowners to SHUT UP (Person's name). I may not like what you have to say but I will at least listen to you politely AND with an open mind and I will not disrespect anyone in that manner.

That's it, plain and simple but that is what I stand for and what my goals are. If you are on board (no pun intended) with these ideas, vote for me either by proxy or at the annual meeting on May 10th.

If however you like the status quo, then Dave Snavely is your man.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Angela Leighty
73 Greenbriar Circle

angigarcia498

Back to top Go down

HOA Board Elections Empty Home Owners

Post by Donnie Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:13 pm

I volunteered for the position of Secretary I beleive it was 4 years ago and served 1.5 years in that capacity and another as a member at large. The exact times may be off but I am close. That was was enough for me. The board is a thankless job and it is impossible to please everyone so critisism is bound to happen.

With that being said, I do think it is good for differnt members of the community to serve on the board. I don't think that a member should serve forever, 1 or 2 terms is sufficient. Some of the current board members have been in or on the board since the board became a board.

Those that are in the position of leadership need to realize that others need to serve. If you feel you have a higher calling run for County Commisioner, State Senator or even the House of Reps, but don't keep pushing the rope that doesn't want pushed. Let someone else give it a shot what do we have to loose?

My 2 cents....Angela, ya got my vote just because!

Donnie McFall

Donnie

Back to top Go down

HOA Board Elections Empty Re: HOA Board Elections

Post by Tim Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:20 pm

Well put Donnie. Late last year I pushed for board limitations and the board wanted nothing to do with it. The lawyer said they cannot set their own limits however; the homeowners can set the limits by changing the covenants. I know that it should at least be looked at. A board member that serves 10-15 years and very little gets accomplished within the community does nothing to the homeowners. I am glad that you are voting for Angela she is for the homeowners and not for stagnation. Hell, 3 of the 5 members won't even acknowlege this website.

Tim Bongiovanni
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by angigarcia498 Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:00 am

Tim, they may not acknowledge it but I would bet money they have looked at it as "guests."

angigarcia498

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Angela,

I want to commend you on all your efforts to better the community so far. I don't know if you all realize that Angela is the person who headed up the Toys for Tots campaign at Christmas that successfully gathered over 300 toys for needy children.

Angela was also a huge help to me and other volunteers in putting together, working and running the Easter Egg Hunt.

Her background in finacial matters could be of great service to this community since we seem to really have issues with our spending.

One really wonders why in the world they would go to such lengths to keep the board the way it is. If merits alone are not enough, why in the world would they stoop to such tactics? How embarrassing.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

http://www.swirlycurls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Sun May 02, 2010 2:37 pm

I encourage all homeowners that are members of this forum to vote for Angela Leighty. DO NOT VOTE FOR DAVE SNAVELY. He is canvassing the community this weekend and (as one of the community members said) accosting people to vote for him. He give no rational reason you should vote for him, he just keeps hounding people at their homes to vote for him and in some cases either lies or won't leave until you sign the paper. He has been lying for the past 2 months telling people that he is the only one running when the call for candidates was not even closed. He was having people sign proxy's with only his name on it. For those who did sign a proxy before 29 April, you proxy is not going to be counted for reason that Dave is the only one listed on the proxy. You can vote again but you have to write "I retract my previous proxy" at the top and sign next to it.

Remember a vote for Angela is a vote for Family.

Tim
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Secretary Sun May 02, 2010 11:37 pm

The board....It's broke....Fix it!!!

Mrs. Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content