Locust Hill Community Forum
Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register today to keep up with what is happening in your community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community Manager Statement of Work

5 posters

Go down

Community Manager Statement of Work Empty Community Manager Statement of Work

Post by Tim Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:19 pm

Does anyone need a copy of the community manager's Statement of Work? This could go a long way in your decision on voting for the budget because the board is proposing a pay raise for her.
Let me know.

Tim
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Community Manager Statement of Work Empty Community Manager Statement of Work

Post by Tim Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:05 pm

Here is the verbage from the Statement of Work. Sorry, I could not get the image to load. This was a cut and paste of the word document that was sent to me from one of the members of the board.

Mission Statement: To serve as the single management point of contact for all members of the Locust Hill Community, to communicate accurately all information and/or inquiries in a timely manner, and to promptly and accurately carry out all tasks assigned in the Community Manager Statement of Work (SOW).
Statement of Work:

Communications
1. Maintain and keep an accurate 12-month log of all calls made to and from the Community Manager.
2. Respond to all non-emergency Unit Owner and or Board Members calls within 6-business hours (Note 1) except on weekends. Non-emergency calls received on weekends and/or holidays are to be responded to the first day following the weekend and/or holiday (Note 2) .
3. Respond to emergency (Note 3) calls within 1 hour, or as quickly thereafter as possible.
4. Provide assistance with Newsletters and/or WEB Site content updates as needed.
5. Activate a US Postal mailbox that will be accessed once daily, Monday through Friday.

Fiscal responsibility
1. Assist board with annual budget preparation,
2. Where feasible, assist the Board with cash reserves investments,
3. Oversee and assist with an independent annual audit,
4. Where feasible, assist the Board with reserve analysis,
5. Maintain accurate check cashing and check writing capabilities as provided for by the Board, and
6. Maintain a personal Bond of no less than $250,000.00.

Meetings
1. Schedule, notice, coordinate and attend all Board meetings
2. Set notification signs 48 hours in advance at both entrances for all Board meeting.
3. Insure the LHUOA WEB site has an updated message noting time, date and location for every Board and reported committee meeting.
4. Provide Board packages prior to meetings consisting of:
i. Invoices for salary and personal expenses,
ii. General ledger transactions including prepaid detail,
iii. Monthly bank statement with reconciliation,
iv. Maintain an accurate check register of all written checks,
v. Maintain an accurate accounts receivable detail,
vi. Assist with and provide the Board an accurate annual budget comparison report,
vii. Maintain an accurate statement of income and expenses,
viii. Maintain an accurate daily/monthly/quarterly balance sheet, and
ix. Provide an accurate monthly financial statement.
5. Attend all regularly scheduled Board meetings, and act as the Parliamentarian using Roberts Rules of order.
6. Monitor the taking of the minutes to insure that they conform to accepted standards for Homeowners Associations.

Insurance
1. Assist with securing annual insurance policy,
2. Confirm all contractors have appropriate insurance coverage, and
3. Assist with filing of association insurance claims.

Accounting
1. Maintain an accurate record of all accounts payable (A/P)
2. Maintain all financial records on a suitable and secure computer platform with an application or suite of applications approved by the Board,
3. Maintain a weekly back up of all year-to-date financial records,
4. Send an electronic copy of the back up to the Treasurer weekly.
5. Collect LHUOA annual assessment fees inclusive of:
i. Timely invoicing: 45-days prior to the collection due date,
ii. Record payments and deposit funds within one business day after receipt,
iii. Maintain an accurate monthly record of delinquent accounts and the late fees by name and address, and
iv. Actively work to collect past due fees – phone and mail
v. Provide in court deposition testimony as requested by Association’s legal counsel related to litigation, including collection suit for C.A.M.
6. Maintain a Reserve fund as directed by the Board
i. Accurately track and maintain the fund status and report it at every Board meeting
7. Maintain Checking account.
i. Insure that the President and Vice President have check signing rights,
8. Produce and provide Treasurers report for every Board meeting,
9. Assist Board with interest rate management of cash reserves,
10. Prepare all information for accountant tax return

Contractors activities inclusive of but not limited to:Common Ground Maintenance – Snow removal – General Maintenance – Road Repair – Policing
1. Keep all contracts current,
2. Solicit yearly maintenance contract bids 90 days in advance their renewals as by the Board,
3. Maintain an accurate record of their performance & reported deficiencies,
4. Receive and pay invoices by the contracted due dates to avoid late fees unless there is insufficient available fund.

Architectural Review Committee
1. Receive and database (input provided by ARC) all ARC applications and subsequent correspondence.
2. Mail Unit Owner ARC responses and/or as required, other correspondences as per existing guidelines, policies, and metrics.
3. Perform inspections of the LHUOA Community as directed by the Board and ARC.

Homeowners List and File
1. Maintain a current list of all homeowners (The association will provide monthly property transfers.) consisting of the following information:
i. Mailing address,
ii. Address of Home,
iii. Lot number,
iv. Telephone number (if available), and
v. Email address (if available).
2. Update and keep current Unit Owner physical file inclusive of:
i. All ARC applications and findings,
ii. All historical data provided by the Board or ARC, and
iii. All correspondences.

Record Keeping, Policy and Procedures
1. File and maintain all LHUOA written records of meetings, contracts, and ARC findings.
2. Maintain and have available all ARC forms, processes, and procedures inclusive of the Enforcement Guidelines,
3. Maintain and have available an accurate copy of the LHUOA Covenants and Bylaws,
4. Mail to all new Unit Owners the LHUOA WEB site address and a labeled CD (supplied by the Board) containing all HOA information inclusive of:
i. Community Managers contact information,
ii. All ARC forms, processes, and procedures,
iii. The Covenant, and
iv. The Bylaws.

Note 1: For the purposes of this SOW, normal operating business hours are 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday thru Friday.
Note 2: Recognized holidays: New Years day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Note 3: Emergency calls for the purposes of this SOW are defined as those dealing with life threatening events and/or as one that affects the immediate health and/or welfare of the entire Community.
Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Community Manager Statement of Work Empty Re: Community Manager Statement of Work

Post by SPEAKINGWINDS Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:09 pm

Who is the Community Manager?
What is the person's current salary?

Forgive me for asking, but we are new homeowners after having rented in this community for over 2 years.

I served as President of Penn-Jersey Lodge #30 of the Fraternal Order of Police representing 1,200 members. I held this position with all of it's responsibilities while actively working as a police officer in Philadelphia.

I did not recieve a salary from the Fratenity only a stipend of $250 per month. I was on call 24/7, with no days off. I had a Board and they recieved small stipends also. Our combined stipends did not amount to $47,500.

I have read the Statement of Work-and still don't understand what constitutes a salary of $47,500.
SPEAKINGWINDS
SPEAKINGWINDS

Back to top Go down

Community Manager Statement of Work Empty Re: Community Manager Statement of Work

Post by Mrs. Secretary Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Valerie Hockensmith is our Community Manager. She is a paid contractor working on behalf of this community. She is not a volunteer or a Locust Hill homeowner for that matter. She comes with a lot of experience and knowledge about homeowner association operations. You can meet her by attending any of the Board/Homeowner meetings-typically held on the 2nd Monday of each month (sometimes every other month). Meeting dates/times are also posted on the official Locust Hill Community website at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mrs. Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by SPEAKINGWINDS Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:11 pm

Thanks for the response Mrs. Secretary.

It would seem to me that having a Locust Hills Homeowner serve as the Community Manager would benefit the development. The Homeowner would have a vested interest in the community other than just a monetary one. Just my opinion!!
SPEAKINGWINDS
SPEAKINGWINDS

Back to top Go down

Post by boobooj Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:02 pm

With all do respect. I know several in the community that have the same questions that SpeakingWinds brings up. She is very difficult to get a hold of an does not respond in a timely manner. While she does address issues it seems like you have to make several attempt in getting hold of her. The customer service is not the best.
Being one of the families that have been in this neighborhood for several years I recall when she worked for a firm in Frederick that we ended up getting rid of. We had the same issues then as we did when she worked for the company in Frederick.

boobooj

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:38 pm

This is why it is extremely importand for as many people as possible attend the meeting on Monday night. Nov. 16th at 7 pm at the Golf Course. Try and encourage as many people in the community as you can to attend.

This will be my first meeting ever and we've lived here since 2005. This is how important I think that this is. We have got to start voicing our opinions and insist on change. If we don't speak up, it is the same as giving our consent.
Metina
Metina
Admin

http://www.swirlycurls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down